Ascendant sign, frequently known as Lagna or Ascendant, is the first sign appeared at the time of an individual’s birth in the eastern horizon. The other names of this sign are First House, Tanu Bhava, Udaya Lagna or Rising Sign. Here, ascendant means “Rise”. Therefore, at the time of a person’s birth, when the first star shines or ascends in the sky, at that time, the zodiac sign seen in the eastern horizon is known as Ascendant Sign. It is also an essential house in Vedic Astrology.
It foretells about “Yourself”, i.e. about your basic traits, characteristics and temperaments. What can be the inherent traits you have at a certain point of time? These all can be indicated by your ascendant sign only. In other words, your whole lifespan is accumulated in ascendant sign or Lagna.
Ascendant Sign denotes the life patterns and basic traits of both happening and non happening moments of your life. It plays a prominent role while dealing with all the affairs of your life. However, other houses are also required to judge happening or non happening activities in your life. Hence, the whole chart should be analysed carefully to get any conclusion about a certain activity.
Ascendant or Lagna Sign enables you to know about your rising sign at the time of your birth to understand yourself better. Ascendant or Lagna is really very important to judge your characteristics as it clearly indicates “YOU”. If you know your exact time, date and place of birth, you can calculate your ascendant sign through Rising Sign Table. What is Ascendant Sign Or Rising Sign?
Though we have clearly explained the numerous names of ascendant sign, it is one of the signs of Zodiac. It is usually indicated by the “Asc” or “As” on the Natal Chart of a person. It derives our first impression while interacting with others for the first time. It is like a mask which you wear before going out in public places or among masses.
Ascendant Sign is your first appearance or physical personality traits that you exhibit to the outer world. It creates the way how you will be going to respond to your external environment. Many astrologers believe that if the degree of ascendant falls closer to the beginning star , it becomes more stronger. Ascendant sign would enable you to show your external personality in the very first meeting, and after that, it represents your inner personality by means of responds or reactions towards other people. Significance Of Ascendant Sign
Ascendant Sign plays a major role in Vedic Astrology due to its strength in your horoscope. You probably have think about how others perceive you? In this regard, ascendant plays a key role and foretells about your basic characteristics. It shows the constraints under which you have taken birth, what can be your surroundings at the time of birth, etc. Let’s understand some major points that describes your ascendant sign to find about “Yourself”:
- Ascendant sign would help you to reveal the information about your life and childhood.
- It foretells the environment which you absorb at the time of birth.
- It reflects your personality, character, general strength and physical stature through your horoscope.
- It shows your health, that means whether you are physically and mentally fit or not.
- It can foretell about your name, fame and reputation in the society
- It demonstrates your inclination towards work and worldly outlook.
- It tells story about your knowledge, attitude, arrogance, etc.
- It represents upper part of your body like face structure, features, mind, head, etc.
- You would also know about things such as your success parameters based on your horoscope or ascendant sign, how much success you are entitled to achieve, etc.
- It would elaborate the information about your peace of mind, happiness, temperament and sorrow.
- It shows your physical experiences through five senses, sleep, dreams, etc.
- It shows your station in life, which means the benevolent and bad points of your life.
Strength of Ascendant Sign
Ascendant sign shows how much strength you have in your life, the strength to face challenges and handle situations, types of struggles you came across, etc. All these would depend upon Ascendant and Ascendant Sign. Everything has been operated through the Ascendant sign in your life. If your Lagna or Ascendant is weak, you may face many challenges and hurdles while progressing in your life, whereas if your Lagna is strong, then you can handle any situation very easily.
Let’s take an example: Two people are assigned a single work, in order to check their productivity. One completes his work prior to the other one. Why so? It is because of their Ascendant sign and its strength. Thus, we may say that they both have their way of thinking and performing the same task. Apart from that, the degree of Lagna also comes into play to check the strength of Lagna or Ascendant sign. 12 Zodiacs for Ascendant Sign
Listed below are some traits of different ascendant signs for your better understanding:
- Aries: This Ascendant sign is very aggressive sign. Aries ascendant people are very impulsive in nature. know more about Aries
- Taurus: This sign is a stable sign and Moon gets exalted in this sign. Hence people born with this ascendant sign are very stable – minded and fond of luxurious items. Know more about Taurus
- Gemini: This is a dual sign. People born under this Lagna are very communicative, creative and reacts like a messenger. Know more Gemini
- Cancer: This ascendant sign is watery sign. People born with this ascendant sign are very emotional, sensitive and want to show motherly love. They are very caring in terms of family affairs. Know more Cancer
- Leo: This ascendant sign is a royal sign. Leo ascendant people are kind – hearted and often get praise for their helpful nature. Know more about Leo
- Virgo: Virgo ascendant people are intelligent, patient and humble. They are very good in practicals and have good analytical skills, as Mercury is the ruling planet of this sign.Know more about Virgo
- Libra: Libra ascendant sign inclines toward beauty, love, romance as the sign is getting ruled by planet “Venus”, the God of love. Apart from that, Libra ascendants are balanced people and love harmony.Know more about Libra
- Scorpio: Scorpio ascendant sign is the most secretive sign. People born with this sign have intense feelings or intense thoughts towards anything or anyone. Know more about Scorpio
- Sagittarius: Sagittarius ascendant sign is the sign which posses lots of energy and curiosity towards anything. People born under this Lagna are very fond of travelling. Know more about Sagittarius
- Capricorn: People born under Capricorn are very determined, ambitious, helpful and practical. Determination come through planet “Saturn”, the ruling planet of this sign. Know more about Capricorn
- Aquarius: People born under Aquarius Ascendant Sign are social, unpredictable, independent and communicators. Know more about Aquarius
- Pisces: People born under Pisces ascendant sign are sensitive, selfless, emotional, intuitive, creative and caring. Know more about Pisces
Thus, the Ascendant or Rising Sign plays a valuable and essential role in your life. It defines your true personality or in short, it shows all about your “SELF”. If you know your Ascendant Sign, you would be able to know about few of your traits easily.