Horoscope reflects your past, present and future life, and helps to unlock challenges, decipher opportunities and chances coming your way.
Horoscopes prepared by our esteemed astrologers give you a detailed insight into the world of Vedic Astrology and how it affects your lives and its multiple aspects. It also provide daily, weekly, monthly and yearly guidance through predictions.
Also known as Kundli, it is the foundation of Vedic Astrology. It represents the position of celestial bodies such as planets, nakshatras at the time and date of birth in one’s birth chart. An astrologer analyzes the houses, planets and constellations and predicts one’s future. Mathematical principles are used to calculate the next event, which is why the predictions are probably accurate. It is also used to check marriage compatibility between a man and a woman. An astrologer calculates auspicious period to start an event or anything new or to carry out an auspicious activity.
- 1 Birth chart or kundali :
- 2 Historical Significance
- 3 Twelfth Houses or Bhav
- 4 How Planets in a Horoscope Define Us?
- 5 Uses of Horoscope
- 6 Horoscope & Its Benefits
- 7 Twenty Seven Nakshatra Names and Their Meanings
- 8 Importance of Nakshatra in Astrology
- 9 Nakshatra compatibility
- 10 Nakshatra and Rasi
- 11 Zodiac Signs(Rashi)
Birth chart or kundali :
Birt Chart is a pictorial representation of planets at the time of child’s birth. It is an astrological chart, created on the basis of exact date, time and place of birth of an individual. This chart denotes various positions of planets and constellations at the time of child’s birth.
The birth chart or horoscope is simply a scheme or plan representing an accurate picture of heaven, planets and stars at the time of child’s birth or any particular moment for which the horoscope is being casted. The map of heaven contains 12 divisions or bhavas. These bhavas are related to our life’s events at different age. People go to an astrologer if they face any difficulty in day to day routine of life. If something goes wrong, they visit an astrologer to know the reason or nullify bad effects present in the birth chart. Let’s understand how these 12 houses or bhavas denote different aspects of our life:
Indian Vedic Astrology traditionally do not mentions the principles of Predictive Astrology based on birth chart and its twelve houses. Although, in its Atharva branch, core components of this method is mentioned clearly. According to this, there are 27 Nakshatras in a Zodiac belt, which are further divided into nine different parts. The first constellation is considered as birth nakshatra, tenth for the profession and nineteenth one as “Adhan Nakshatra”.
Predictive Astrology is a celestial science which incorporates both positive and negative effects of constellations and planets on a native. A detailed study is carried out in order to give out suggestive predictions. The intrinsic yogic meaning of “Jyotisha” refers to the principles related to stars, planets and constellations. As there are 12 zodiac signs in Astrology, there are 12 bhavas or houses in Horoscope. Here is a quick description of elements they represent:
Twelfth Houses or Bhav
- 1st House: Also called as Lagna Bhava, Tanu Bhava, Ascendant, its significator is Sun and represents head, ego, oneself, body, prosperity, health, self expression, physical traits, personality.Know more
- 2nd House: Also called as Dhana Bhava, its significator is Jupiter and represents gathering, speech, youth, livelihood, financial success through career, taste preferences, food, poetry/art, ability to operate, expressive power. Know more
- 3rd House: Also called as Bratru Bhava, its significator is Mars and represents curiosity, motivation, interest, power, brother, friends, life energy, intention, will, passion, ambition, zeal, impulsiveness, sports, hobbies. Know more
- 4th House: Also called as Sukha Bhava, its significator is Moon and represents emotions, mind, upbringing, refinement, happiness, property, education, popularity, land acquisition, masses, vehicles, capacity to relax.Know more
- 5th House: Also called as Putra Bhava, its significator is Jupiter and represents creative intelligence, romance, games, children, education, speculation, past life credit, spiritual practices. Know more
- 6th House: Also called as Shatru Bhava, its significator is Mars and Saturn. It represents health and diseases, foreigners, pets, fighting illness, immune system, our capacity to work hard and overcome physical obstacles/enemies. Know more
- 7th House: Also called as Kalatra Bhava, its significator is Venus and represents general relations with others, long term romantic relationships and business associates. As it is the opposite of Ascendant, it reflects over things we feel most drawn towards and challenged. Know more
- 8th House: Also called as Ayur Bhava, its significator is Saturn, and represents occult, dark/hidden side of life, sensuality, death, longevity, destruction/regeneration, research, mortality. Know more
- 9th House: Also called as Bhagya Bhava, its significator is Jupiter and represents grace, dharma (life purpose), religious, philosophical or ethical principles of life operating in the world and shaping our life events. It is termed as the luckiest house. Know more
- 10th House: Also called as Karma Bhava, its significator is Mercury and Jupiter and represents public status, material achievement, skill, career, success, politics. Know more
- 11th House: Also called as Labha Bhava, its significator is Jupiter and represents our ability to project our brilliance on the world, aspirations, goals, friendship, impulses, financial and material gains, excess and abundance. Know more
- 12th House: Also called as Vyaya Bhava, its significator is Saturn and Ketu and represents subconscious mind, liberation, foreign journeys, hidden nature, loss, wastage of energy, native negated by difficulties and sorrows. Know more
Horoscope projects auspicious and inauspicious events in one’s life which are calculated on the basis of planetary positions and effects of constellations at the time of birth. Every culture and country differs in their approach towards reading and analysing a horoscope, prediction methods and indications. A well-read astrologer can chalk out different houses and detect mishaps, good events, relationships, marital bond, auspicious time period, time of death, fortunes, etc. Horoscope predictions can be obtained in four different styles:
- Daily Horoscope Predictions: Daily horoscope predictions give you a quick insight into day-to-day events of a native. It shows how stars, planets and constellations affect the life a native on daily basis, thereby resulting in them facing opportunities and doing remedies to clear out obstacles.
- Weekly Horoscope Predictions: Weekly horoscope predictions are determined on the basis of planetary transits, movements and constellations in the Zodiac belt. It gives a quick knowledge about how a week is going to turn out for the native, and what surprises are in store for them.
- Monthly Horoscope Predictions: Monthly Horoscope predictions tell about the effect of planetary movements on a person’s horoscope in one whole month. An astrologer has to understand how these activities can mark an effect on various aspects in one’s birth chart and then provide with predictions on monthly basis.
- Yearly Horoscope Predictions: Yearly Horoscope Predictions give us a vision about different events and occurrences in the life of a native on annual basis.
One must keep this in mind that predictions are not provided so as to anticipate the future or give you a false picture. It motivates a person to do better and provides one with an outlook towards life. These predictions are informative in nature, entertain your mind and show you that the nature supports you in different manners. Vedic Astrology considers Moon to be the main factor when giving predictions, whereas Western Astrology complies with planet Sun. Hence said, horoscope predictions must be approached as an additional benefit rather than directing your life according to them.
How Planets in a Horoscope Define Us?
There are nine different planets in astrology representing numerous traits and features of every house. It reveals our deepest secrets, desires, multiple faces, personalities, likes, dislikes, interests and regrets. Here are those nine planets governing every house in a birth chart:
- Sun: The primary planet in astrology, it represents our goals and desires in life.
- Moon: This planet describes a native’s emotional responses and how they feel.
- Mercury: This planet shows our thinking pattern and way of expressing.
- Venus: It shows our capability to relate with others.
- Mars: It represents our way of putting our energy, talent and skills to use in order to get what we want.
- Jupiter: It reflects on our way of enjoying ourselves and expanding our understanding.
- Saturn: It sheds light on self-discipline and character strength.
- Uranus: This planet reveals how creative, inventive and original we are.
- Neptune: This planet describes our capability to help others and in different manners.
- Pluto: It reflects on our ways of growing and moving forward while strengthening our self-knowledge.
Uses of Horoscope
Everyone strives to attain happiness, prosperity, peace, love and a happy marital life. Although there are various obstacles and challenges in life which one has to face and resolve. Horoscope comes in handy when finding the answers to all these issues. There are multiple uses of a birth chart or horoscope, which are as follows:
- Gaining Essential Information: Horoscope helps an astrologer to gain the exact time, place and nakshatra of birth of a native. These details are important for them to provide predictions for various aspects of life.
- Character Analysis: A horoscope reveals a close-knit pattern of personality, character traits, physicality, nature, strengths, aptitude, intelligence and weaknesses. In simple words, these features help to create a descriptive image of any native and sketch out his/her personality.
- Psychological Reasoning: Astrological analysis of a horoscope reveals about the dilemmas, experiences, way of expressing desires, failures, success, behaviour and psychosis. This information helps us to get engaged with ourselves on different level and go beyond the description.
- Future Forecasts: What surprises await you in the near future? Will you get lucky? All these questions can be answered by analysing a horoscope. An astrologer studies the combination of patterns and energy manifesting in different ways and gives possible predictions and remedies. As they know how the native behaved in the past, they can certainly predict the future based on that pattern.
- Relationships: Horoscope gives a deep, meaningful insight into relationships with peers, family, partner, business partners and environment. Natives get a deep analysis of how they will react in the forthcoming circumstances and how well or bad their relationship with people will be.
- Vocational Guidance: Astrology can be a suggested adjunct which helps and points out the right direction for studies or career. Based on the houses and planets in a horoscope, astrologers can suggest the right career, profession, hobby or other skills to get into so as to attain success. It indicates how you’ll enjoy certain streams and what can be an ideal choice.
- Medical Matters: The connection between each body part, twelve zodiac signs and nine planets can clearly be depicted through horoscope. A medically trained astrologer gets valuable clues and reasons for tensions, stress and diseases suffered by a native, hereby highlighting weak parts of the body. Hence, remedies are provided to cure such health hazards.
- Auspicious Time Period: If you want to launch a new business, get married or host a new event, astrologer can calculate the auspicious time period or muhurat through Horoscope. A native commencing any task, activity or event during that auspicious muhurat bears fruitful results.
- Marriage: Getting married within an auspicious time period is a big, fat affair for two people. Vedic Astrology says that doing things in shubh muhurat optimises the chances of a long, happy and blissful married life laced with mutual respect and understanding. Horoscope matching of bride and groom is carried out in Indian culture so as to match the compatibility between astrology houses, planets and constellations. After that, a propitious day is calculated to carry out the event.
- Business Ventures: The birth chart of a native indicates the best time for a person to begin his/her business. If you’re planning to kickstart your business and rise in the public eye, you must lay its foundation during the auspicious time period suggested by an astrologer.
- Financial Advices: Stock traders, commodity brokers, and currency traders get an astrological advice on where to invest money. It also gives a quick evaluation of what might be the financial trends in forthcoming future. Expert astrologers identify the auspicious date and time with accurate hour and minutes to make the big investment.
Horoscope & Its Benefits
The birth chart, Kundli or horoscope is known to be highly beneficial for a native, as it highlights various aspects of one’s life. Here are some:
- One gains instant success as s/he knows the shortcomings, strengths, weak areas and influential qualities. The first house and its ruling lord signifies the skills in a person. Horoscope helps to identify the skills and talents you have within you, and put it to a good use. For eg. if you’re a Taurus ascendant, you’re ruled by Venus. Hence, you’ll be more creative, innovative and artistic.
- You find a lucrative career which bears high success and satisfaction. Horoscope just doesn’t tells you about your strong points but points in the rightful direction for a brighter future. For eg. if Sun is ruling in the 10th house, the native will gain success in the field of medicine or administration.
- Evaluating a horoscope helps to point out the weaknesses, for which appropriate remedies are suggested. Horoscope narrates whether or not you’re suffering from any dosha or your planets are weak, and gives rightful solutions. For eg. if your child’s horoscope showcases weak Mercury, he will face challenges in academics and learning.
- A horoscope indicates favorable and unfavorable time periods for investing, earning, buying or accumulating wealth. It acts as an advantage and brings in monetary prosperity.
- As mentioned above as well, reading a horoscope helps to inform the auspicious time or muhurat to get married. This event takes place due to the favorable combination of planets (Mars, Jupiter and Venus). It gives a quick idea about when one should marry. For eg. a person gets married early or at the correct time when 7th house lord (house of marriage) is in the sign of Venus, and Venus is present in its own sign or exalted. If Saturn aspects on Venus, then there seems to be delay in marriage.
- You get to know about the personality and nature of your partner through horoscope. It helps to understand how your partner might turn out through position of planets in the seventh house. For eg. If Moon rules the 7th house, it means the life partner of a native will be very attractive. On the other hand, if Jupiter occupies the same house, it represents that the partner will be prosperous and supportive.
- Horoscope predictions make you optimistic and confident, as you have the upper hand in forthcoming situations. For eg. if you’re aware that the coming week is auspicious to start a new job or business, you’ll prepare yourself and confidently take the necessary step.
- When an astrologer analyses a horoscope, s/he reflects on the influences by malefic planets in one’s chart, and how it affects one’s life. It helps one to chalk out the important events and informs of auspicious days.
- These predictions provide guidance for one to make correct decision and attain success. It also sheds light on consequences in the future of the decisions we are making now. For eg. your horoscope will guide you whether or not this new job is suitable for you in the longer run.
- You get a quick insight about your future through daily, monthly, weekly and yearly horoscope. Ever-changing planetary frequencies on different levels of life gives out different results, which is why predictions differ with different time zones.
Hence, horoscope helps to gain a better insight, and allow one to understand different aspects of one’s life through horoscopic predictions. We hope that you like this article and find solutions to your doubts related to horoscope or birth chart.
The name of nakshatras in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi along with their meanings is given below.
Horse like woman
Red faced One
the deer’s head
The wealthy one
Earlier reddish one
Latter reddish one
The bright one
Sword or Independence
Forked (having branches)
Disciple of divine spark
Previous invincible one
Latter invincible one
The richest one
Former blessed feet
Latter blessed feet
Importance of Nakshatra in Astrology
Since the constellation or nakshatra where moon finds its presence is known as the Janma Nakshatra and as moon influences the mental aspects of the native, nakshatra of the moon thus casts its indelible influence on moon. If one is born under Mars’s nakshatra, it is likely to influence the aspects governed by Mars such as marriage and younger siblings.
With each nakshatra having a planetary lord, the placement of the same (planetary lord) determines the initial dasa or ‘phase’ in the horoscope of a native. Nakshatra lords also play an important role in determining the essential quality of a person besides helping to assess the focal points of his energy and ambition.
With Vedic astrology giving much insistence on compatibility factors of bride & bridegroom, thorough matching of the horoscope prior to marital settlement is generally called for. Apart from taking into consideration the sun sign, rasi or moon sign, and the point of ascendance; nakshatra based compatibility is also emphasized.
Nakshatra centric matching also known as ‘koota- guna matching’ helps to pin point the relative merit and demerits of the concerned pair in respect of one another. In the realm of nakshatra matching at least eighteen positive points are necessitated for a union to be termed as compatible. As far as the similar matching is concerned, usually the cross checking follows from the girl’s to that of the boy’s with vertical calculation along the same row.
Nakshatra and Rasi
With both nakshatra and rasi being an intrinsic part of the same elliptical zodiac, both are fundamentally related to one another. Logically speaking twelve segments of rasi or moon signs correspond to the twenty seven nakshatras or constellations present in the similar ellipse. Other way round one can say that with twelve rasis being equal to twenty seven nakshatras, each rasi is equal to two and quarter of nakshatra.
In Vedic Astrology, the sign in which Moon is placed at the time of birth is known to be zodiac of that person. And, in Western Astrology, the zodiac signs in which Sun is placed at the time of birth is meant to be the zodiac of that person.
Astrology zodiac signs are divided according to the elements and nature. These are listed below-
- Zodiac Signs: According to Elements
- Water Signs: this category include Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
- Fire Signs: this sign encloses Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
- Earth Signs: it contains Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn.
- Air Signs: this sign include Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.
- Zodiac Signs: According to Nature
- Movable: it includes Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
- Fix: it encloses Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius.
- Dual: this category possess Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.
- Zodiac Dates
The dates of Zodiac sign are classified into two parts –
Vedic Astrology Zodiac Dates: In Vedic Astrology, the zodiacs do not have a specific range of birth date. The zodiac of a person is dependent on the placement of Moon sign in his natal chart . The sign in which planet Moon is placed during the birth is known to be the zodiac of that person.
|Apr 14 – May 15
|May 15 – Jun 15
|Jun 15 – Jul 16
|Jul 16 – Aug 17
|Aug 17 – Sep 17
|Sep 17 – Oct 17
|Oct 17 – Nov 16
|Nov 16 – Dec 16
|Dec 16 – Jan 14
|Jan 14 – Feb 13
|Feb 13 – Mar 14
|Mar 14 – Apr 14
Western Astrology Zodiac Dates: In Western Astrology, following series is followed –
|(Mar 21 – Apr 20)
|(Apr 21 – May 21)
|(May 22 – Jun 21)
|(Jun 22 – Jul 22)
|(Jul 23 – Aug 22)
|(Aug 23 – Sep 23)
|(Sep 24 – Oct 23)
|(Oct 24 – Nov 22)
|(Nov 23 – Dec 21)
|(Dec 22 – Jan 20)
|(Jan 21 – Feb 19)
|(Feb 20 – Mar 20)
Aries Zodiac Sign
People born under this category are meant to be passionate, creative and have a dynamic personality. Know more
Taurus Zodiac Sign
Person having Taurus as their sun sign are very loyal stable and stay grounded to the earth. Know more
Gemini Zodiac Sign
People under this category are good at love communication, analytics and social conversations. Know more
Cancer Zodiac Sign
These people are very supportive towards their loved ones. Cancerians love affinity and deep conversations. Know more
Leo Zodiac Sign
Leo person is very creative, self aware and has a inspirational personality. Know more
Virgo Zodiac Sign
People born under Virgo sun sign are realistic and sometimes emotional. Know more
Libra Zodiac Sign
Librans possess friendly nature, intellectuality and have a superficial personality. Know more
Scorpio Zodiac Sign
Person belonging to Scorpio sign are meant to be highly intuitive and sensitive. Know more
Sagittarius Zodiac Sign
Sagittarius sign possess passionate and dynamic personality with short temperament. Know more
Capricorn Zodiac Sign
People born under this sun sign are practical, loyal and very supportive towards their loved ones. Know more
Aquarius Zodiac Sign
Aquarians have great intellectual, thinking and analytical power. Know more
Pisces Zodiac Sign
People belonging to Pisces have a mysterious nature and act as backbone during tough times of their loved ones. Know more