Jupiter is also known as Guru or Brihaspati in Vedic astrology. Hindu scriptures confer him with title of Guru of Gods. Guru or Brihaspat is considered to be the most benefic planet as per Hindu astrology. Jupiter is lord of Sagittarius (Dhanu) and Pisces (Meena). He is believed to be exalted in Cancer (Karka) and debilitated in Capricorn (Makara). Jupiter or Guru signifies religion, spirituality, philosophy, knowledge and karma etc. Remedies for Guru or Jupiter related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Guru are as follows:
- Worship ruling deity Dakshinamurty (for Shaivayats) or Narayan (for Vaishnavas).
- Recite Shri Rudram.
- Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: Om gram greem groum sah gurave namah, 16000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Guru stotra .
- Donate: Saffron or turmeric or sugar on Thursdays.
- Fasting: On Thrusdays.
- Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
- Rudraksha: Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha. –
- Jadi: Banana root
- Gemstone: Yellow sapphire
Gemstone for Jupiter – Guru Ratna Neelam -Yellow Sapphire:
The ruling planet of Yellow Sapphire or what we call Pukhraj in Hindi is Jupiter.
|Minimum Recommended Weight||5 Carats|
|Wearing instructions||Gold, in middle finger|
|Mantra||Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Guruve namah|
Gemstone Wearing Instruction:
Please follow following steps for wearing any gemstone –
- Choose Thursday for wearing Yellow Sapphire for Jupiter.
- Wash Gemstone with unboiled cow milk and also gangajal, if available.
- Put the gemstone in front of your god.
- Worship gemstone in the way you worship a god. You should chant mantra given above (mantra must be chanted 108 times)
- Wear in the finger prescribed above.